Saturday, April 10, 2010

3:36, #530: Titanic Times

You who have followed this blog know I like to know what 'went down' on any given day in history. Well, I appropriately chose that phrase because today we celebrate/commemorate the sailing of The RMS Titanic...the supposedly 'unsinkable' ship that providentially went down to Davy Jones' Locker after a brief encounter with an iceberg four days after setting sail.
Interestingly enough to one of my mind set, the designers/builders basically said even God could not sink her, so on April 14...a Sunday, by the way...He did...it's just that simple.

One interesting thing I learned from The One Year Book of Christian History was that a guy named John Harper actually led a guy to Christ right before Harper drowned. This website tells his story: ]http://www.blessedquietness.com/JOURNAL/housechu/harper.htm].

Speaking of Davy Jones...Wikipedia has an interesting article that even has a bunch of footnotes to validate what it says...which could be seen as Davy Jones' Footnote Locker, I suppose, given the twisted way I think, me Hearties...ARRRGGGHH!!
Got Giant Squid?

No comments: