Saturday, September 25, 2010

3:76, #570: Owed to Indolence

Well, I'd have gotten around to writing this parody on Keat's Ode to Indolence, but I was too busy doing the work I so thoroughly enjoy here at Camp Cornelius! ;p In reality, I 'rest hard' in my attempt at indolence, usually smoking a good ceegah whilst contemplating my next literary outrage. Here's the result this time around:

Here I sit before computer screen with widening hips,
My brain transferring thoughts through active finger tips.
While Keats mused about Love, Ambition, and Poesy,
My Muses would be Blogs, Facebook, and Plain Lazy.

Here I sit, a sad misfit, with not a whit of...well, wit.
Poesy has sailed, Love has failed, and Ambition has bailed.
My Facebook friends make no amends...I think I've got the bends.
They wonder why, someone like I should search the sky for reasons 'WHY?'

But then, again, every now and then, I think...
Can I really be indolent if I'm writing this stupid poem?

No comments: