Sunday, August 29, 2010

3:69,#563: Heavy Metal Thoughts

Nope, this is not about that head-banging music we've all heard one time or another! This is a meditation, as it were, on a situation from an episode of C.S.I. Las Vegas. This guy got poisoned to death with selenium over a period of time and it was pointed out that selenium and other heavy metals like gold are not consumed in the 1600 degree heat of cremation. I turned to Audio Man and suggested maybe that's what the resurrection bodies of the lost will be comprised of so as not to be consumed in the flames of Hell.

The picture to illustrate this thought is one I took on my computer screen after one of my unsuccessful gaming attempts in Age of Wonders...I thought it had just the perfect 'look' for what was on my mind.

This morning I posted a brief 'I wonder' on Facebook indicating that it might be a Midas touch twist not specifically mentioned in Scripture if folks who worship Mammon here (money, gold, etc.) would have golden bodies in Hell. Streets of gold in Heaven are mentioned, pearly gates are alluded to in Revelation, but only outer darkness and incredible pain for 'the hot place' as Malcolm Reynolds of Firefly fame would euphemistically define it. Either way, makes me continue to pray for all the folks on my Aints List to come to faith a.s.a.p....
Got requests for the Lord?

No comments: