Monday, January 2, 2012

5:14, #631 Baby's Coming

Years ago here at Camp Cornelius, I asked a guy who is a medical doctor if the Mother or the Baby triggers labor. He said medical science had not figgered it out...sounds a bit like the last couple of chapters of Job where God presents a series of questions to Job after he gets, shall we say, a bit perturbed at the Lord.

Well, it appears from my brief internet sally this morning that things have not changed. Hmmm...'sally'...does that mean it's gonna be a girl? ;p Dr. Penelope Sheehan of the University of Melborne doesn't know, but the article provided this cool picture, if not the rest of the article when I clicked on "more>>" [http://cms.unimelb.edu.au/advancement_news/mdhs/mdhs_items/what_makes_the_pregnancy_clock_tick]

"No one really understands what causes normal or preterm labor. There may be several chemical pathways that lead to labor, but we think that this surfactant protein, which is also produced by the fetal lung in humans, may be the first hormonal signal for labor to begin," reported [Dr. Carole] Mendelson, who is also co-director of the North Texas March of Dimes Birth Defects Center at UT Southwestern. [http://www.drmomma.org/2008/01/fetal-lungs-protein-release-triggers.html]

Midwivesonline.com say it's still unclear in their 2012 post. [http://www.midwivesonline.com/parents/parents1//////?ttl=faqans&faq=284]

Maybe David was on the mark with Psalm 139:14-16, "I will give thanks to Thee, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made; Wonderful are Thy works, And my soul knows it very well. My frame was not hidden from Thee, When I was made in secret, And skillfully wrought in the depths of the earth. Thine eyes have seen my unformed substance; And in Thy book they were all written, The days that were ordained for me, When as yet there was not one of them."

I've been telling Moms for decades to quit reading the news a couple of weeks before possible delivery because the kid's not wanting to come out into this fallen world. Maybe I'm not quite as far over the Edge as I thought?!!

If you're anticipating a Blessed Event, I've got prayers for ya: 'strength for the day'(Dt. 33:25)...'minimize the birth pains of Gen. 3:16'...'keep her anxious for nothing/praying about everything/thankful as she goes/provide her with all she needs'(Phil. 4:4-19)
Got name picked? ;)

No comments: