Wednesday, October 14, 2009

2:177, #481 MY TURN!!

I had another one of my early morning epiphanies Tuesday morning after watching "The Forbidden Kingdom" Monday night with Elfson and Audiovisualman. I found my third movie with one of my favorite lines in it..."My Turn!"

The first example of that is in "Serenity" when the Crew is being attacked by Reavers and Simon Tam gets wounded, apologizes for not being able to protect his baby sister (who we now know is an Alliance trained killing machine) and she replies, "You've protected me all my life, Simon." She then stands up with a great look of determined mania in her eyes and says, "MY TURN!!" and proceeds to annihilate the Reavers (savages who were created by the Alliance in a MAJOR mistake of experimentation).

The second time I spotted this line is in "Iron Man." Tony Stark is told by the Afghanistan Bad Guy to build a Jericho Missile from parts in a cave. Well, Ole Tony creates his first Iron Man suit, gets shot several hundred times and then says, "MY TURN!!" and cranks out dual flame throwers from his arms, annihilating the bad guys in Round 1 of his various encounters.

Tuesday night's three's-the-charm line came when the 20th century Caucasian kungfu wannabe strikes the stone encasement of the Monkey King Immortal to release him to deal with the Jade Warlord after most of the movie's fight scenes. Of course, Jet Li as said Monkey Immortal looks out with a great grin and wild eyes and says, "MY TURN!!" and proceeds to do what Monkey King Kungfu Immortals do.

The epiphany was that, after tolerating Satan, his demons, and billions of creatures made in His image some of whom don't even acknowledge He exists, at the End Of All Things when the Lord returns, I think the "loud shout" in conjunction with the Last Trumpet is going to be "MY TURN!!"
The rest, to paraphrase, will be eternity!
Got front row standing room only?

No comments: