Friday, October 16, 2009

2:179, #483 Raining Day Ramblings


I wonder where the phrase, "log in," originated? Googling it didn't help and I'm enough of a Conspiracy Theorist that I think it's a subliminal ploy by the tree huggers to make us feel guilty that we're ravaging the environment psychologically by dealing with "logs" that are, by definition, dead tree parts!

I also wonder, if Major League Baseball...a male sport...has bull pens, should Ladies Professional Softball Leagues have cow pens?

Since the Major League playoffs are extending into near-freezing weather...the Phils/Dodgers will get a low temperature of 36 degrees on Sunday night...will a ruling have to be made about pitchers throwing snow or ice balls?

Is there a certain irony that my new atheist friend defines her basic moral world life view as The Golden Rule, introduced to the world by a guy who's either the Son of God or a delusional psychotic blasphemer similar to Peter Boyle's character Jack McDermott in "The Dream Team?"

Why is the chocolate bar, Milky Way, named after a mass of fireballs traveling at high speed through the cosmos? Just what was Frank C. Mars smokin' back in 19-ought-23?!!

I'm off to read some of Richard Dawkins' The God Delusion. I guess to particularize Psalm 14:1, "The fool has said in his heart there is no God..." God should get someone to write The Dawkins Delusion?

No comments: