Sunday, November 15, 2009

2:185, #489: Simple Math

Well, here it is, 21,184 days since I came blasting into this world with only one labor pain, if Mom's recollections were correct. For you math challenged, that would be 365 x 58 + 14 for leap years, as if you cared in the first place.
Now, given that we get 70-80 years average life span according to the Bible, I figure I'm somewhere between 72.5 and 82.8% dead...or, the flip side of the coin is that far along for Heaven bound!!
Of course, 'all my days were written in His book before there was even one of them' according to Psalm 139, so as Stonewall Jackson used to say, I don't have to worry about the day of my death whether I'm in bed or on the battlefield...at least the one described in Ephesians 6:10-20 where we Christians are at war not with flesh and blood but with rulers, powers, world forces of darkness, and spiritual forces of wickedness in the heavenlies!! Didja ever wonder, since Daniel's long since in heaven, who the Prince of Persia (high level fallen angel) is assigned to these days?
Got prayers to blow the Devil off his feet?!!

No comments: