Saturday, October 23, 2010

3:82, #576: Smoke Gets In My Brain

This morning around 3:30am I came across the notion in my mind while shuffling through some of the paperwork kept there and wondered if fire fighters use smoke screens on their windows to keep out fire flies? I'm not sure wherein lies the genesis of the rest of this, but that never bothered me before, so why should it now?

Speaking of smoking...those anti-smoking-save-your-health-so-you-can-shrivel up-and-croak-at-95 folks...have forgotten something. Cigar smoke and pipe smoke, not so much that of cigareetes, I'll admit...are aroma therapy for those of us graciously gifted to be wise enough to realize it!! And for those of you who doubt my epiphany, here's AromaWeb's definition: "...the practice of using volatile plant oils, including essential oils, for psychological and physical well being." To quote the King in 'Amadeus,' "Well, there it is!" We ceegah smokers simply set the essential oils free with FIRE!! (Do you Old Heads hear music from the band Crazy World of Arthur Brown?!!)

I've often said, only with my tongue partially in my cheek, that the 'smoke of God's glory' that drove old Moses out of the Tabernacle was the Lord puffing on a good stogie!! So all you O.T. scholars prove me wrong!! ;p And by the way, do you realize how hard it is to talk properly with your tongue in your cheek?

I just got back from deporting squirrel #13 from Camp Cornelius...second one this morning...so in sports terminology 'I'm smoking them!'

Well, that's it for now...
If you got 'em, smoke 'em! --Elliot Ness, The Untouchables

No comments: