Saturday, February 4, 2012

5:22, #639 Waltzing Matilda with Bob


I have the distinct privilege of being an American citizen as well as being an "Unofficial Aussie," as designated by my 'mates from Down Under' many years ago who probably wish to remain anonymous...unless of course they pipe up as a result of seeing/hearing about this entry.

In any event, we Americans were basically populated from the off-scourings of the British Empire from about 1609 until we got rebellious back in 1776. Once we had established our independence, the Brits had to ship their prison dwelling 'free thinkers' (a phrase from one of me mates) off to Botany Bay and other places of interest on the Land Down Under on the other side of the globe. For those of you out there who believe in Total Depravity, just sort through our various accents, Mate, and ye'll unnerstan' gist where from I come! ;p

So...Bob was a Swaggie who would wander this part of God's green earth thieving as he could 'back in the day'...usually metaphorically, occasionally otherwise. But the sheep...that's the jumbuck...I've now got in me Tucker Bag...that's a bag for carrying food much as Great Grandpappy Jake carried his hardtack and salt pork in on his road to Fredericksburg during our Civil War...is the Lamb of God Who takes away the sin of the world...metaphorically, of course. Although, He does point out His Spirit is within the Old Swaggie in Ezekiel 36:26, 27 these days.

The Squatter and Troopers simply represent the Law that would have dealt out Divine Retribution if I hadn't escaped by jumping 'in the billabong'...that's a water hole for you Yanks... to be submerged in the Water of Life Himself!! Oy, Mate!! Bet some of you were wondering gist how's I was gonna get that in there, aint?!!

So, how's about y'all come Waltzing Matilda with me and listen for my 'ghost'...that'd be me posts, of course...sing ABOUT me 'Billabong.' Guess what, you more conservative thinkers...no lightning bolt has struck in 31 years of my walking The Edge as I go Walkabout with the Lord!!
Got a light so I can get me billy boiling?

No comments: