Sunday, December 5, 2010

3:95, #589: Book Worm's 12 Days of Christmas


I've heard various versions of 'The Twelve Days of Christmas' and decided to write one of my own, letting you bookworms get a wish list gathered:

On the first day of Christmas, my true love gave to me The Partridge Family. Holey Moley, Andy, Amazon tells me there are at least 14 in the series!!! ;P

On the second day of Christmas my true love gave to me two Lonesome Doves and another Partridge Family!

On the third day of Christmas my true love gave to me The Three Musketeers, Two For The Dough, and The Partridge Family.

On the fourth day of Christmas my true love gave to me The Four Hour Body, Three Cups of Tea, Two of Everything, and another Partridge Family!! ;p

On the fifth day of Christmas my true love gave to me THE LORD OF THE RINGS!!!...Boxed edition of course...The Rule of Four, Hull Zero Three, Tragedy at Two, and...yes, you guessed it, another Partridge Family!

On the sixth day of Christmas my true love gave to me six Keeping Ducks & Geese (you're getting them as gifts next year!), FIVE YU-ENG-LINGS!!! (to drink while reading!!)...Four so-called BIRDS, three French cookbooks, two Turkey Calls and Calling, and one more Partridge Family!

On the seventh day of Christmas my true love gave to me seven Swimsuit issues, six Domestic Geese, THE LORD OF THE RINGS!!! (in Elvish, no less), The Sign of Four, Three Amigos, Two Gentlemen of Verona, and...AGGGGHHH...IT'S THE PARTRIDGE FAMILY!!!

On the eighth day of Christmas my true love gave to me eight packs of Old Maids (the card game for when I got bored with the books), seven Wild Swans (another give away), a six pack of goose grease (guess for the seven swans a swimming to cross the English Channel!), FIVE BATHTUB RINGS!!! (how'd they keep their shape?!!), four calling cards (embossed with a bookworm), Warriors: Power of Three, Two-Way Street, and The Partridge Family... WHAT ELSE?!!

On the ninth day of Christmas my true love gave to me nine Ballroom Dancings, eight Morning Milkings, seven Swan Thieves, six Mother Goose-ez (gotta keep the meter), FIVE DECODER RINGS!!! ...four Backyard Birds, Three French Hens (yeah, there's actually a book of that name), two Snow White Turtle Doves, and yeah, I know...The Partridge Family!!

On the tenth day of Christmas my true love gave to me ten Lord of the Flies (Ebay, here I come), nine Ladies Home Journals (different issues), eight of The Untold Story of Milk, seven Swan Songs, six Duck and Goose-ez, FIVE OF SATURNS RINGS!!! (lotta gas, if you ask me!), I Am the Number Four, The Tale of Three Trees, A Tale of Two Cities, and The Partridge Family!!!

On the eleventh day of Christmas my true love gave to me (I feel a psychotic episode may have sparked this unheard of gift giving, frankly)...Eleven books by John Piper, ten Lords of Flatbush,
nine Painted Ladies, eight Maids of Misfortune, seven Mastering Swimming, six goose down jackets (to keep me warm while reading outside?), FIVE LORD OF THE RINGS!!! (Director's Cut DVDs)...four The Art of Pishing: How to Attract Birds by Mimicking Their Calls (OK, so we blew the meter!!), three French Revolutions, two turtles in love (to supplement my reading hobby), and...I'm going to type it, believe it or not...The Partridge Family!!

On the twelfth day of Christmas my true love gave to me, Drums Along the Mohawk, eleven pipes and tobacco (for smoking outside while wearing the goose down jackets and drinking the Yuenglings), ten Lords of Finance, nine Lady Chatterlys, eight Maid of Honors, seven Swans In The World, a six pack of Yuengling, FIVE MORE YUENGLINGS!!!!!!!!!, four bird callers, three French horns, two Dove bars, AND OMG IT'S FINALLY OVER..........THE PARTRIDGE FAMILY COMPLETE COLLECTION!!!
Got time to read or shop on Ebay?

No comments: