Thursday, September 24, 2009

2:171, #475: Signs

I was reading The Brute Facts this morning and came across a notice that read, in part, "Pizza and Viruses...Learn how to prevent computer viruses...Look for signs." Well, I wondered if there would be some kind of rash on the keyboard? Would a face pop on the screen with a thermometer that was registering 104 degrees? Would the screen develop cracking striations similar to those of the containment glass in the new version of "The Day The Earth Stood Still?" Would there be a red sky at morning for the computer sailor to take warning?

Then I thought as I read another add which read "For Sale: Sunbeam portable air conditioner..." that a Sunbeam, although it is light, comes from a source that generates heat, so that would seem counterproductive for an air conditioner, would it not?!!

As I walked from one building to another during my opening routine, I saw the sign, "Fire Zone: No Stopping or Standing by Order of Fire Marshal" and wondered if I was breaking some law by standing in front of it to read it and then to write down it's message for today's thoughts.

The leaves around Camp Cornelius are falling in spite of the going-up-to-80-something today temperature, so I guess that's a sign that Fall has fallen or is in the already-not-yet and is falling? And just how far does it fall, anyway?

Well, time to sign off...

No comments: