Tuesday, September 29, 2009

2:173, #477: Mr. Lists

A guy who used to work with me nicknamed me Mr. Lists because I keep what some might consider an inordinate amount of information in the form of lists. I figure it's just an indication of my Concrete Sequential personality...or perhaps, since they're somewhat of a scattered collection, my Abstract Sequential tendencies. For instance...

There's the DaVinci File of all the paint colors used on all the rooms/halls of buildings on campus and when they were painted. It's a handy reference to decide if and when some place is due to be repainted and what color to use if a match is desired.

The Projects File let's me know when major things were done by year...I guess if I was REALLY a List Man I'd have an alphabetically arranged second list with which to compare, but I don't so it might take a bit longer to scroll through to the object for which I search. HOWEVER, the "Find" feature of Microsoft Word is a handy dandy little item that we List-ers find most convenient.

Two REALLY important lists are Movies Listed and Movies Sorted. With these two little babies I can quickly bring to conclusion...usually proving MY point of view...of how many times we've watched a particular movie and when we last watched it within a month's time. For the actual day, I've got pocket calendars with notes that substantiate reality to my side of the, shall we say, failure to completely agree.

I'm currently typing in 29 years' of hand written prayer journals, so my Salvation List is being constructed so I know the first time I wrote in when I prayed for a particular individual to come to saving faith. For instance, David Robinson of NBA Hall of Fame fame, came to faith one year to the day of when I used a picture in The Sporting News as a stimulus for praying for him...at least I think it was that precise...I still have to do some checking. Similarly, when Kathy Ireland was on the Sports Illustrated swimsuit issue with Elle McPherson and one other woman, I added all three of them to my List...Kathy's been saved for several years...not sure about the other two.

Lastly, I guess you could say that the prayer journals I've been keeping are my Ultimate List which now has 189,000 answers in its contents and will continue to rise in answer totals as my days of shuffling around on this mortal coil continue. The only gripe I have with the Lord, if you can call it that, is wondering why He hasn't quickened more of the individuals on my Salvation List up to this point. Of course, I defer to His timing, wisdom, and sovereign election on this one, so I can rest content in whatever circumstances I am...in a learning curve, that is!

Well, first thing on my Today To Do List is to open buildings and let my hvac mechanics in the Library to continue their project from yesterday, so...
Off I go!!

No comments: