Friday, January 8, 2010

3:10, #504: Avatar and Other Things

I just read an interesting review of the wing ding movie that's out called "Avatar" that cuts it apart as a white-guys-do-bad-things movie along the lines of "Dances with Wolves." (I was praying HARD that the Confederates would kill Costner in the first five minutes, but ended up watching the whole movie twice...the first and last time EVER! ;p
Curiosity...a characteristic which 'killed the cat' and got the dog a bath in tomato juice when his interest was a skunk...made me look at the Avatar Official site to watch the trailer. My first thought was to wonder if the Na'vi are just 22nd century Smurfs on steroids? I mean, their 'blueness' is clearly obvious.
Oh, and, as Jeff Dunham asks, "If you choke a Smurf...and I would ask, a Na'vi...what color do they turn?

OK, Elvis Presley, the King of Rock and Roll, would have turned 75 today if he hadn't kicked the bucket at 42 from prescription drug problems...how's that for hedging the issue?!! Anyway...when I thought "Who's the 'Queen of Rock and Roll?'" Google gave me Tina Turner as the answer, so I wonder what Wonderland would have been like if Elvis and Tina had ruled together? Probably love would have nothing to do with it, but they'd thank you, thank you very much!!

No comments: