Saturday, January 23, 2010

3:14, #508: Penny Pickers

Nope, this is not a reference to a "Buckaroo Bonzai" character...that was Penny Priddy, played by Ellen Barkin who also had a role in "Diner," the movie that launched the careers of Steve Gutenberg, Daniel Stern, Micky Rourke, Kevin Bacon, and Paul Reiser...and is a fun flick, by the way...and has some GREAT looking old cars in it!

This is a post to celebrate the 25th anniversary of when I started recording answers to 'provide me with money' that dawned on me one day as I stooped to pick up a penny somewhere ...probably on the sidewalk of a Wawa or somewhere like that. I figured if I was going to ask the Lord to provide financial resources for me, I'd better be as accurate as I can in recording the answers, so that's what I've done and accumulated $419.04 since then along with several hundreds of prayer answers for "Findings" from one cent to a twenty dollar bill one time. I even spotted a ten-spot in the woods as I mowed just before I ran over it with the John Deere. Well, Scotch tape put the two pieces back together to the satisfaction of the bank and I had another Alexander Hamilton picture in my wallet!!

Another Penny Picker benefit is all the stoop, bend, and pick exercises I've gotten over the years...who needs Jane Fonda's workout when you can do it on your own and get paid for the effort?!!

There must be some deep psychological reason why some people pick up pennies and others don't, but I'm not too concerned with that at this time of the morning with my Feng Shui CD giving me metaphysical calmness with its soothing tones. One thing, from my point of view, I hate to see money go to waste when it's obviously just lying around waiting to be retrieved and if the Lord is going to use such an obvious way of providing for me, I should follow His lead.
I wonder if Jesus ever picked up a denarius or two on the road to Bethlehem?

No comments: