Friday, January 29, 2010

3:15, #509: I Need Duct Tape!!

I have to steal Glenn Beck's idea about duct taping my head so my brain doesn't explode today!! I'm dedicating this post to some of the insanity that's 'out there' in Reality Check Land:

Here is news from an Australian study: People in their 70s actually have a different set of risks and benefits associated with body fat that young people don't!! Can you believe that? Fat 20-somethings are different than fat 70-somethings...whoddathunkit?!! The point of the article is that 70-somethings who are a little overweight are better off than waaaay over OR under-weighters. I really hope somebody spent a lot of time and money to come up with this one. Maybe Crocodile Dundee was the author of the report, Mates?!!

You'll be happy to know that Osama Bin Laden blames Global Warming on the U.S. and other industrial nations. Sooooo...who's the ventriloquist and who's the dummy...Algore or Osama?!!

Just exactly WHO was it that decided that Pluto is no longer a planet? And the answer is..... Astronomers of the International Astronomical Union after a multiyear search for a definition of 'planet.' The definition is at [http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2006/08/060824-pluto-planet.html] and all I can say is that a Sumo Wrestler who leaves crumbs all over the place could qualify as a 'planet.'

English Climate Guy...Professor Beddington...says even though there has been wrong doing and mistakes by Global Warming Climatologists, the basic science of the Global Warmers is good. In other words, "My Mind Is Made Up...Don't Confuse Me With Facts!!"

The last insanity I want to mention would be a Pergola and/or a Gazebo here at Camp Cornelius...the brain child of Anonymous Man and Money Guy. The only reason I mention them is that A-man just walked in and brought up the subject again. I'm wondering just exactly WHAT do we need them for, but then why do I even ask the question?
Got Duct Tape?

No comments: