Sunday, February 28, 2010

3:25, #519: Nuts


This post could go in any of a number of directions. It was prompted by a sticker on the jar of Peter Pan Peanut Butter I bought yesterday...$4.99 at Genuardi's when it's only $3.09 at Giant I found out much too later! ;p "NUTS!" would be the first comment I had to make about buying it at one place and not at the other.

But back to the subject at hand. Can anyone tell me why there is a sticker on the jar that says New Earth-Friendly Jar...Now 12% less plastic per oz.? Has the ad department gone completely NUTS to suck up to the Environmentalis Whackos and are the consumers of peanut butter that NUTS to actually buy into this HOOEY?!! In pure linguistics, the 28oz. jar has 336% less plastic than a 1 oz. jar has, so just of WHAT is the jar made?!! I just Googled "Peter Pan earth friendly jars" and learned they are 'green-washing' by making more of a claim than the environmentalist at this site warrants: http://greenupgrader.com/10752/peter-pan-peanut-butter-greenwashing-with-earth-friendly-jar/
The next site has a sharp eye, quick calculator, and a Disney sense of humor: http://consumerist.com/2009/06/peter-pan-saves-the-earth-by-giving-you-less-peanut-butter.html

Frankly, I think Hook has a hand in this...if you pardon the pun!!

I wonder if the alligator with the clock in his stomach has the right time?

On a somewhat different track...we of the Grey Havens watched "Over the Hedge" again...that makes four times for me and Audiovisualman. One of the great lines among many is when Hammie the Squirrel looks at all his foraging buddies and says, "Help me find my nuts." (He eventually did it himself and filled the log.)

Then, last but not least there was the classic reply by the American commander of the surrounded troops to the German surrender order issued at the Battle of Bastogne during WWII...simply 'NUTS!'
Got morale builder?

No comments: