Monday, March 1, 2010

3:26, #520: March Meanderings


Here it is Aragorn's birthday so we can celebrate Tolkien's idea that 'not all who wander are lost;' which is a good description of my brain on morning! ;)
Today around 5:30am I wondered if March, which is traditionally spoken of as 'coming in like a lion/going out like a lamb' would come in like the Lion of Judah and go out like the Lamb of God. Of course, if we throw Daniel's Kitties in Their Den into the mix, the 'lion' behavior was rather tame, so we'd have to change the adage somehow...something along the lines of 'in like Daniel's tamed lions/out like two rams butting heads over a ewe.' If they were fighting in the proximity of a yew bush would that then become 'butting heads over a yew over a ewe?!!'

The next question I have is why in the name of my Great Aunt Lizzie's hair bun would Tolkien even establish Aragorn's birthday as March 1st, 2931 of the Third Age in one of the Appendices? It also turns out that a bunch of years later 'to the day'...thank you, Frodo...Aragorn set out on his 'errancies' and wanderings. I wonder what the big deal with March 1st was with J.R.R.? I wonder how many other readers of The Ring Trilogy read [pronounced 'reed'] all the appendices and underline them? ;p I wonder about a lot of stuff, but right now it's 7:40am and I actually ought to go see if there are things at Camp Cornelius that I need to do in order to earn money to support the habit of eating dear old Mom started me on early in life...
Got a walking stick of the mind?

No comments: