Friday, October 3, 2008

#260: Heavenly Draftees

I was reading Isaiah 43 while eating some Instant Oatmeal this morning and came across an interesting verse. Verse 10 says, "'You are My witnesses,' declares the LORD, 'And My servant whom I have chosen, in order that you may know and believe Me, and understand that I am He. Before Me there was no God formed, And there will be none after Me.'"

John 15:16 says, "You did not choose Me, but I chose you, and appointed you, that you should go and bear fruit, and that your fruit should remain, that whatever you ask of the Father in My name, He may give to you."

Where'd all the "free will" stuff I've had to tolerate over 28 years originate? Well, I think Paul would call it a "doctrine of demons" in 1 Timothy 4:1. Since none of us chose the moment of our conception, nor the two folks conceiving, nor the two dna chains being knit together, I often am baffled how we feel we walked into Heaven's Recruiting Station and enlisted...a FAR more important part of life than just getting here.
Well, it's time to celebrate the opening of Flannel Shirt Season and open some buildings.
Go ask your Father "whatever" (NOT said the way California Young'uns say it!!) and see what the answer's gonna be!

No comments: