Wednesday, October 1, 2008

#259: Jesus, Spec Op of Heaven

Yeah, my gaming experiences here of late and some early morning thoughts came together to make these conclusions:

Did you ever say, "If you want something done right, you have to do it yourself?" That sums up the Biblical point of view of salvation...mankind was totally incapable of following the Law so Jesus came down and accomplished it Himself, opening the door for those who believe to benefit from his completed work.

Similarly, in war gamers' terminology, Jesus was a Spec Op (Special Operative for you uninitiated peaceniks) who was sent to earth on a rescue mission in Enemy territory to "pluck brands from the fire" as Zechariah 3:1-2 indicates. His mission was a complete success and has continuing, ongoing results that will bring people from every nation, tribe and tongue out of captivity.

Now for those of you who think I've dived off the deep end again or jumped from the helicopter with the Dragon pursuing me (check out "Reign of Fire" folks!!)...let me point you to some of the military imagery in Paul's writings. "Ours is not a battle against flesh and blood," "put on the whole armor of God," "our weapons are not of the flesh," "be a good soldier of Christ"...you get the idea. Well, I hear the virtual sound of gunfire and smell the smoke of Hell all around me, so pray for my new Friends to come to know the grace I do and be rescued by our Great Captain!!
Thanks.
Gunny Bob

No comments: