Friday, May 7, 2010

3:42, #536: Justice

I was browsing through Any Day In History and learned that today was not only the end of the Battle of the Wilderness in the American Civil War in 1864...maybe I'll play that scenario on my computer later...but the day the Germans sunk the Lusitania off the coast of Ireland; hence the great propaganda poster picture that comes from the public domain. Now THAT'S how to get folks interested in warming up for war!!

Actually, that would be a great book cover for God Caused the Civil War under a new title! We could redo the outfit the chick is wearing to one of Civil War era, Scarlett O'Hara style dress, lose the Lusitania and put the Monitor and Merrimack in the background and call it something like God's Civil War Sword of Justice!! Guess I'll hold off on writing to a publisher.

It's interesting that the Brits wanted 'justice.' I think they really wanted, to quote Doc Holiday as played by Val Kilmer in "Tombstone" 'a reckoning!!' I guess that's what Hell's gonna be someday for all those outside of His grace...THE Day of Reckoning!! I'm glad I'm getting mercy instead.
Got His grace on you?

No comments: