Saturday, May 8, 2010

3:43, #537: Cigars


Last night I indulged myself, after having a brew and burger, with a good cigar whilst perusing my Thompson Cigar Company catalog looking for the best deal for my next order. This morning I thought about the whole cigar concept and decided to blow some theological smoke, so to speak.

I've often said that the evidence that God is a cigar smoker...in a pre-Reformation, Van Tillian, Zen Sorta Feng Shui Way, of course...is all over the Old Testament; especially in Isaiah 6:4 where it says the temple was filled with smoke and all the passages where the Tabernacle and/or Temple are filled with the Shekinah Smoke Cloud ...variant reading of the original Hebrew in the Newly Annotated Sexton Bible...NASB! ;p. The NT covers it in Revelation 15:8, " And the temple was filled with the smoke from the glory of God and from His power..."

I mean, consider Genesis when thinking about cigars or tobacco in general..."And it was very good!" I don't 'smoke cigars'...I indulge in 'aroma therapy' whilst exhibiting the same oral behavior that was placed upon me as a toddler with either a bottle or a ducker/binky/whateveryouwanttocallit! Oh...on an experiential basis, I actually performed a medical 'procedure' on Mom 'back in the day' when she was in her 80s before passing on to Glory by repeating a process great grandfather Murray did with her when she was a child...she had an earache that he...and I many decades later...cured by gently blowing cigar smoke into her ear!!

Now when some California anti-smoking crusader gets in your face, let them know the medical reason why God created tobacco in the first place...so 'a form of alternate medicine that uses volatile plant materials' could benefit folks all these years later.
Got a match?!!

No comments: