Monday, May 17, 2010

3:46, #540: What's Next?

I was just reading Max Lucado's devotional, Grace for the Moment, this morning and was reminded that Jesus works with us in this life to accomplish His will. This reminded me of my days as a carpenter back in the 70s when my lead carpenter would give me a job to do, I'd do it and then ask, "What's next?" The key in this is that he was working the job, too, not just giving me assignments, but actively participating in the whole project while giving me the freedom and responsibility to take care of my particular part of the job.

That made me think that Jesus is The Lead Carpenter and the Ephesians 2:10 'good works for which we are each chosen that are laid out beforehand for us to walk in them' are ours to do but not on our own. He's there to work with us and has supplied the Holy Spirit to work within us in a further assisting way that we can't really grasp, when it comes down to it. I guess this is to encourage any of you who might be feeling as though the Lord has given you a task and then cut you loose on your own to do it that that is definitely not the case.

The spiritual gifts and natural talents which you've been given are sufficient for the task...and He's there when it's coffee break in between the 'doing' part of your being His kid!
Got Ephesians 6:15 work boots?

No comments: