Sunday, July 11, 2010

3:61, #555: Aeromancy

I learned a new word from Dictionary.com today, aeromancy; which means the prediction of future events by observation of weather conditions. Jesus and my maternal grandmother mentioned this subject when they talked of "Red sky at morning, sailor take warning/Red sky at night, sailor's delight"...He in Matthew 16:2, 3 and she during my childhood.

In some respects, I guess I'm an aeromancer, too. For instance, when I look up and the rain is coming down on me, I can predict that I'm going to get wet. Or, from a Biblical view of things, when it's raining outside, I know it's God's will that I work inside or take some vacation time! ;)

When folks ask me questions about what sort of weather I expect, my classic line...a Bobism, I guess... based on Genesis 8:22 is 'There is a 100% chance of some kind of weather...or the end of the world!'

Just remember, step into the eye of the storms of this life...get out of the wind!!
Got spiritual barometer?

No comments: