Friday, July 16, 2010

3:62, #556: Rich vs Riches

I was just inspired to shoot off my computer...the electronic version of shooting off my mouth...by a quote on Any Day in History. Mr. Anonymous...a really smart guy with a lot of published materials, actually...said, "It is better to live rich than to die rich." I'd have to say I agree... especially considering how much money I don't currently have in a bank account.

I do, however, have an ever growing family as the gospels promised that has not only an international flavor to its members but enriches me in many ways, mostly in the precious nature of the relationships engendered as a result of being mutually adopted children in God's family!!

Now, when I come to the end of my days...which, frankly, could be even as I type, given James' comments about our being a vapor that could be here today, gone today...I certainly hope and plan to have people say as the last lines of "Second Hand Lions" assert, "Did those men in great grandfather's stories really live?" "Yeah, they REALLY lived!!"

No comments: