Saturday, July 17, 2010

3:63, #557: Off The Top of My Head

Just a bit ago I asked on Facebook if guys with thinned out hair gave too many answers 'off the top of their heads' down through their lives... and I've been thinking about the saying and might as well give some further opinions off the top of my head...my hair's already fled the scene of the crime!! ;p

First, being asked that question is quite a compliment in that the questioner has assumed you have a considerable volume of knowledge on the upcoming subject stored 'at your fingertips' or 'on the tip of your tongue' that will emanate 'off the top of your head.' Once again, I think I've convoluted that particular picture analogy and will leave it at that.

Secondly, it is complimentary in the sense that the person is asking you anything at all, expecting an answer that is sensible; which, in my case is not necessarily so!

On the other hand, it could indicate that you're an opinionated blowhard and the questioner is merely giving you another chance to wax eloquent on something about which you have no clue! Well, in any event, those are just the first thoughts on thoughts off the top of my head?
Got sunscreen or a good hat?

No comments: