Monday, September 29, 2008

#258: All Frahoodled

Yeah, "frahoodled" is one of those not-in-the-dictionary words. "Ferhoodled," however, is...it means all mixed up or confused and comes primarily from the Pennsylvania German Area (the land of my maternal grandmother who I believe first taught me the word), according to Dictionary.com. That's pretty much the way to describe most parts of the Internet that I've been encountering today. Just imagine if you got up in the morning and started praying and suddenly a message flashed in the air in front of you:

"Your account is temporarily unavailable due to site maintenance. It should be available again within a few hours. We apologize for the inconvenience."

I think "disconcerted" might qualify as the word of the day, now wouldn't it?!! Fortunately, God's site...that would be Heaven for you uninformed Barbarians reading this...is ALWAYS available, except perhaps for individual rooms within the Mansion that are under construction while the future occupants are gradually dying down here on Earth That Is ("Was" in the "Firefly" series, for you afficionados). Just in case you haven't thought about it lately, God's "phone number" is Jeremiah 33:3, "Call to me and I will answer, and show you great and wonderful things you do not know."

"Site Maintenance"... my great aunt Lizzie's hairbun! Don't those Bozos know I've got unreality to check?

No comments: