Wednesday, August 12, 2009

2:157, #461: Personality Tests

I learned a long time ago that I'm an addictive personality...when all else fails, state the obvious. But then I realized when I worked with drug addicts and a guy called me a Jesus Addict that he had summed up the thrust of the Gospel...swap your addiction to sin that you were born with to an addiction to Jesus when you're born again!!

Anyway, I just took the Myers-Briggs Personality test on Facebook...third time's the charm, I say. This time around I came up ISFJ. Last two were ISTJ and INFJ. So, it looks like I'm a Counselor, Inspector, and Protector all rolled into one, based on the personality wheel gizmo I just looked up. And what, you say, does this have to do with anything? DUH...what's the name of this blogsite?!! I got up at 4:30am for the second time this week and I'm totally self-indulgent with a cup of coffee in me!! Notice that the consistent bookends of the letter system are "I" & "J"...introverted...always thinking about myself first, big surprise and judging...checking things out and assessing values to it with or without a judgmental attitude...just following orders from Matthew 7:15-16, "Beware of the false prophets, who come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly are ravenous wolves. You will know them by their fruits. Grapes are not gathered from thorn bushes, nor figs from thistles, are they?" And this command to judge comes after the stick-it-in-your-face-verse people use to tell Christians to be mindless, "Judge not that you be not judged"...ALWAYS out of context.

OK, so I'm getting preachy...further self-indulgent B.S.
Got mortar for the joints in the wall behind me?

No comments: