Saturday, August 22, 2009

2:161, #465: Make Lists, Not War

Generally speaking, wars could be avoided if folks would "count the cost" as Jesus said in Luke 14:31. For instance, if the Confederate States wannabes had actually made lists of their resources vs. those of the North, they might have decided to do away with Stese rights and slavery; except, of course, that they were providentially pushed into Civil War so He could convert 300,000 Americans in the midst of killing off 600,000.
I've actually been called Mr. Lists by friends because I keep To Do Lists on 3 x 5 cards at work, Movies We've Watched Lists (sorted by chronology and cross referenced to frequency), a Salvation List of Aints I'm praying to be Saints, my Da Vinci File list of room paint colors/when painted at work, my Projects File of major things done at WTS 'on my watch," my Ultimate Knowledge File which lists just about everything my replacement will need to know to do my job when I croak, and my Prayer Journals which list over 188,000 prayer answers right now.
Now, my title for this post comes from my totally depraved, vindictive natural man tempered by Romans 12:19's quote of Dt. 32:35, "'Vengeance is Mine, I will repay,' says the Lord." Why do I need to bother with getting back at folks who have done me dirt? I just put them on my Salvation List--"hammer him until he gets saved" kind of prayer or "give him justice in Your time, Lord;" which opens the door to Hell if God's got it planned for the offender.
Sooo...got pen/paper/computer files?!!

No comments: