Thursday, August 13, 2009

2:158, #462:Rainy Day Thoughts

Here it is raining again during the wettest summer we've had in decades...perhaps EVER since The Flood and I'm in my office because I can't be out on the John Deere zero turn mower where I was going to be...seems like Proverbs 16:9 wins again, "the mind of man makes its plans but the Lord directs his steps!" On the other hand, it was clearly God's will that I not mow grass this afternoon since He's the one who gave us the rain. As a result I was smoking a good cigar on the back porch of The Big House, talking with one of my brothers about tobacco and its effects of health and personality.

Now I'm in my office looking at a carton I discovered the other morning during my opening up routine. It says "Horizon Organic" with a cow jumping over the earth. I'd include a picture, but I'm ten-fold paranoid, so just Google those two words and click on the "Images" tab if you want the visual! Anyhow...underneath Old Bossy it says "DHA OMEGA-3, helps support a healthy brain, 100% vegetarian source of DHA Omega-3. Then it goes on to say, "2% organic REDUCED FAT milk, 38% less fat than whole milk and a bunch of other stuff.

I'm wonderin' if you drink this stuff and it gives you a healthy brain, will you realize:
1. 2% + 38% do NOT = 100%...and does that mean that either it's got 98% of the fat or 62% of the fat still left in it?!!
2. ALL milk is organic...as is all bull chips and other left overs from last night's dinner are organic. In fact, anything with carbon in it is organic.
3. MILK is a product that comes from mammals...aint no vegetables puttin' out this stuff, so what's a vegetarian...at least a strict one...care about all this anyway?!!
4. You might as well drink milk and have this company's sales plummet through the barn floor?
5. Since they produce this milk "without antibiotics, added hormones, pesticides or cloning...just what kind of bacterial crap might you find in it?

Got bull chip cookies to go with your Organic Milk?

No comments: