Wednesday, March 10, 2010

3:28, #522: Spring Signs


I sent around a picture I took of the first crocus here at Camp Cornelius yesterday and this morning's activities reminded me of some other 'early signs of Spring' arriving.

This morning I hung out the garden hose I use at the Grey Havens and opened the faucet specifically for use by the masons who are working on the Andreas Fault to fix stuff that was not done right in the first place, so the hose becomes the Second Sign of Spring.

I also saw a male robin outside the kitchen window while I made some Boca Java Kono coffee that now has the name "Tubbo" based on his girth. He joins Ironhead the Redheaded Woodpecker...no relation to Woody as far as I know...and Richelieu the Cardinal.

The fourth sign of spring is the spotting of and attempt to trap the furry tailed pests with good public relations for the first time this year...I suspect Bullwinkle is in cohoots with Rocket J's cousins on this one, but I've been a Conspiracy Theorist for years.

Lastly, Sunday is Spring Ahead On The Clock Day thanks to the 'wisdom' of our national legislators who came up with this wing ding idea last year. All of this is to encourage you that Global Warming as we've known it every year about this time is gradually inching our way.
Got vegetable seeds picked yet for your gardens?

No comments: