Monday, March 29, 2010

3:32, #526: Brain Fried Day

Today my brain is somewhat fried...which always leads to thoughts needing to be jotted down here for some reason...due to a well established head cold I've got...the first one since 1/6/09, according to my records, so let's have a "Praise the Lord for my generally excellent health!!" Now...

First off...why do we call it a head 'cold' when my face and eyes are so hot? When you 'catch a cold,' who threw it at you in the first place? If you're 'catching a cold,' should you 'drop it like a hot potato?' If you don't, does it automatically 'super-size?'

Why do we continue to spell the definition of swollen butt veins 'hemorrhoid' when its roots find themselves in some Middle English word of 1350-1400?!! Is is just to be a pain in said butt during spelling contests and blog posts?!! ;p Let's have a 'hip, hip, hooray' for Dictionary.com.

Oh, today's word on said D.com is 'neophyte;' which I happen to remember from my 10th grade English vocab days as 'a beginner' or 'new guy to something.' One definition is 'new convert' so I guess somebody convinced for the first time that neo-orthodoxy is right is a neo-ortho-phyte?!! ;p Or would that be somebody new to using Ortho weed and bug killers?

Yclept...now there's a word: 'to call or name'...use this one to skunk your friends in the dictionary game some day...or try my favorite: Yggdrasil...the tree in Norse mythology that connects heaven/earth/underworld.

Well, I think it's time to go sniff some warm salt water to try to open my nasal passages...sounds awful, but it worked when Mom forced me to do it as a kid!! ;p
Got NaClH2O?!!

No comments: