Tuesday, December 13, 2011

5:1, #618 Celebrating Anniversaries


Well, here it is, four years to the day...tip of the hat to Frodo...since I began this blog, clearly a Self Indulgent exercise in/by B.S.; which is why I chose the name that I did in order to aptly depict my analysis not only of my own blog but of all those 'out there' that in my humble opinion...if, in fact, I can have one of them...are aptly described as aforementioned! Obviously, as the sidebar of this deal indicates, my interest in foisting my opinions on you has waned over the years, but has not yet been extinguished...probably to the dismay of most of the 546 folks who might receive this through Facebook now that I've learned how to post them. Aren't you folks happy as a clam at a ham and oyster supper that you don't HAVE to read my drivel?!!

OK, enough self indulgent self-deprecation...

Anyway, it's also the 149th anniversary of the Battle of Fredericksburg in which great grandpappy Jacob Antes (some say I look like the bearded fellow) supported artillery south of town with the 119th Pa. Volunteers and got shelled by Stonewall Jackson's artillery; which gave me Post Traumatic Stress while I was, to use the Biblical phrase, 'in his loins,' thus explaining, I feel, some of my eccentricities! ;p

Also, it's the 31st anniversary of the start of my prayer journals; which currently have 203,976 answers in them; which is an adjusted total increased by 200, then decreased by 500, then increased by 1 as I discovered 'mathos' (if typos are typing mistakes, then mathos would be math mistakes, Eh?) while typing Journal #74 into my computer to facilitate research on myself; which I must admit is rather self indulgent in and of itself. Oh, for you folks out there who wonder sometimes about the veracity of Romans 8:28, "God causes all things to work together for the good of those who love God...", this is an example how losing a big chunk of computer held material 'sorted things' as my Brit friends might say.

Oh, Theological Point To Be Made: Notice that 'those who love God' is the qualifier of the first part of the verse. Not all things work to the good of those who don't love God...in fact, they accumulate to an eventual eternal end that sucks a billion billion times worse than anything 'evil' in this life!!

Redneck Evangelism Point To Be Made: If you aint Born Again, you aint in love with God... please repent, get converted, and let me know when it happens so I can rejoice with the angels who witness the Lord's gracious work in your life!! Tankewberrymuch. Oh, and all you Born Agains out there reading this, pray with me for my Salvation Listers to get brought into the Kingdom whilst I'm still shuffling around on this mortal coil! (Thank you Willie Shakespeare)

Last Point To Be Made: Live today like it's your last day...it may be exactly that! Oh, and Happy Anniversary on whatever days are significant to you!!
Got things to be and do?

No comments: