Wednesday, December 28, 2011

5:12, #629 The Big O Trifecta

Back in the Day...that would be 1983 in this case...I had a bit of an epiphany; which is why I write about it today, given that Epiphany Sunday is approaching. I was reading Ephesians 6:10-20 and was impressed that we Saints are supposed to, "... pray at all times in the Spirit, and with this in view, be on the alert with all perseverance and petition for all the saints..." Well, being the practical guy that I am, my question that day was, "How?" I certainly don't know all their names nor do I have the time to ask individually even if I did...now THAT would be a list for Mr. List Keeper!!

The epiphany came when I looked out of myself to God's character; hence the title of this piece. Got is Omniscient (all knowing), Omnipresent (everywhere), and Omnipotent (all powerful), so I realized I can rely on Him to sort out and apply my requests for all the saints. As a result, I made my All Saints prayer category and applied Ephesians 6:10-20 to us all. Oh, Jesus-believers are addressed as 'saints' or 'holy ones' in some of Paul's letters; which is how I named this category of folks. Needless to say, the corollary group of folks is my Aints List for whom I request the same grace from God I've got, applied in His perfect way and time.

Well, my request then and since has been that ALL Christians would "stand firm in Him, put on the whole armor of light, realize the spiritual warfare we're in, pray for all other Christians in the Spirit, and boldly proclaim the gospel wherever we are." Similarly, Col. 1:9-12 has been oft-repeated for our growth in the knowledge of Him and His will, a 'worthy walk,' strengthening from Him, a thankful attitude, and fruit bearing lives. And the foundation of this whole deal is God's Big O Trifecta attributes mentioned above.

Paul says in 2 Corinthians 10:3-4, "For though we walk in the flesh, we do not war according to the flesh, for the weapons of our warfare are not of the flesh, but divinely powerful for the destruction of fortresses." Everyone and everything are within our range, given our Father's abilities...
Got artillery shells?

No comments: