Monday, December 19, 2011

5:4, #621 Arrogance

I am an expert on arrogance...Heck, just saying that sort of proves my point! Then there's the bit of evidence called "Self Indulgent B.S."with 620 other bits of my brain flying across internet space based on the presupposition that somebody out there needs to hear from me. Why do I tell you this? Well, I think I'm a pastor at heart (a maintenance man in all the other organs) and I want to help you through this life...hmmmm, perhaps a bit of arrogance there, too?!! ;p

Here's my point...When you're shaking your head about the arrogance of politicians of a persuasion opposite yours, maybe you should consider that EVERYBODY who thinks he/she could run a country or part of a country HAS to be arrogant, so why should you be surprised when 'either side of the aisle' (an American usage for Congress/Brit usage, I think, for Houses of Parliament) act as they do?!!

And then there are some of you Conservatives (whatever that exactly is) who think members of the National Teachers Association are arrogant because they feel they've got a lock on what your kids should learn. Well, 1Corinthians 8:1 does say, 'knowledge makes arrogant, love edifies.' (NASB) They do have a pile of education among them, now don't they?!! This doesn't mean you're wrong in your thinking, just that you might get a little less frustrated with the way things work...or maybe motivated to actually make changes in the system.

Who else practices arrogance? How about everybody on talk radio?!! Solution: TURN IT OFF!! I actually had raised blood pressure one time due to the fact that I was listening to talk radio on the way to the doc's, so you might find life a little more pleasant without the yabbering.

Who else? Everybody on Facebook, Google+, Twitter, and all the media of which I am not (blessedly) aware who foist their opinions and 'news' upon you. Solution: Laugh at some, ignore some, or TURN IT OFF!! (Except, of course, when you want to find out up to what I am!!)

Got the ability to conjugate a sentence like Winston Churchill, who hated sentences ending with prepositions? Is that arrogant? ;)

No comments: