Saturday, December 24, 2011

5:7, #624 Merry Easter Eve


Oh...My Bad! I meant to say Merry Christmas Eve, not Easter Eve!! But, now that I've mentioned it, howcome we earthlings in certain parts of the planet have Christmas Eve, New Year's Eve, All Hallow's Eve, even Midsummer's Eve in June, but not Easter Eve? Well, Silly...cuz the Baby Jesus of Bethlehem grew up and was dead in the grave at the time...and His followers just didn't feel up to partying!! (I wonder if Mr. & Mrs. Pilate went to a Roman toga party that night?!!) It does seem ironic, however, that THE most important event in world history, The Resurrection, was Sunday morning but Christians don't throw a party Saturday night looking with anticipation to the commemoration of the event...just sayin'...

Well, as I was awaking from my 'long winter's nap'...no, Mah-Mah's in Heaven and doesn't need her kerchief and Pah-Pah's with her, sans cap!!...it dawned on me (of course the pun's intended!!) that American linguistics would be different if the term 'Eve' was more prominent in the way we look at things. I mean, think about it...

John Travolta would have to disco dance when he got 'Sunday Eve Feeve'...

Elton John would have to sing that Sunday Eve's alright for a heave(?)...

Dandy Don Meredith and Howard Cosell would have been on Tuesday Eve Football...is my age showing with those two names?

Clement Moore's rhyme scheme would have been awkward with, "'Twas Christmas Eve and all through the house..."

And, then, there's Adam's Eve...but would that celebrate the Mom of all Moms or Day 5 of creation just prior to God's making the Original Dirtball?

Lastly, while I think of it...why isn't there a Valentine's Eve? Maybe we just don't have the HEART for another party? ;P

No comments: