Monday, June 1, 2009

2:130, #434: Wisdom of Creedence

I'm sitting here thinking that Creedence Clearwater Revival has some great thoughts as I listen to some of their music:

"Someday never comes"...you'll always put it off until it's too late. Or, when all is said and done, more gets said than done.

"Have you ever seen the rain, coming down on a sunny day?" Absolutely. It's really an interesting manifestation of the Lord giving rain AND withholding it from the same place at the same time.

"I see a bad moon rising. I see trouble on the way. I see earthquakes and lightning." Hmmm... sounds like Jesus' predicting that trouble would come, but woe to him through whom it comes. Likewise, wars and rumors of wars are inevitable.

And then there's the music played during "Air America's" scene when Mel Gibson and Robert Downey, Jr. are running through the jungle to the song of the same name. "Don't go walkin' slow, the Devil's on the loose...200 million guns a loaded, Satan cries they came." I believe Peter covered this one with "your enemy the Devil prowls about like a roaring lion."

"I came into town a one night stand. Looks like my plans fell through...stuck in Lodi again." Sounds like "the mind of man makes its plans but the Lord directs his steps."

Well, I'm not going Down On The Corner, and I'm not Lookin' Out My Back Door, but I may go home soon and Put A Candle In the Window! "I won't lose my way...no, no...long as I can see The Light!
Got light on the path?

No comments: