Tuesday, June 30, 2009

2:139, #443: Dogs

I was just reading about the Devil walking around like a roaring lion and was reminded of one of my old sayings...a Bob-ism, I suppose..."Barking dogs never bite...until they stop barking!!" Somebody didn't really think through the original adage, as true as it is in its limited application.

And what about that saying, "It's a dog's life?" How many of us get to eat, sleep, be let out to pee, get a treat for doing it, lie around all day, and get all sorts of affection from folks?!! If reincarnation were true, I'd want to come back as my old dog Daisy and get pampered for roughly 12 years!!

Then there's the saying, "Doggone if I know." Where'd the dog go that you don't know about? Or is it that you were going to use the dog as a "lifeline" for some answer like that TV show I've never watched but heard about?

Well, I hear windows and grass calling me, so this dog's gone!
Got Milkbone?

No comments: