Friday, June 26, 2009

2:138, #442 Miscellaneous Muggy Friday Ponderings

I just read on BBC News that a Swiss adventurer named Bertrand Piccard is about to unveil his prototype of a solar powered plane. I wonder if he'll call it The Icarus? Or, since his last name is Piccard, if he'll call it the Enterprise and designate himself Captain?

A Sichuan Chinese firm wants to buy manufacturing rights for the Hummer and call it "Han Ma"..."Bold Horse" but China may squash the deal. I wonder if it doesn't work out if they'll change the name to General Tso's Chicken?

Mom got me on a lifetime of reading because I arose in the early a.m. and needed to keep quiet until "normal" wake up time. I wonder what the equivalent to Golden Books is these days?

Farrah Fawcett shuffled off this mortal coil and the BBC article mentions the red bathing suit poster that sold millions. I wonder what happened to the bathing suit?

When Paul wrote 1 Timothy 1:15, "It is a trustworthy statement, deserving full acceptance, that Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners, among whom I am foremost of all" could that be considered bragging?
Just curious.

No comments: