Thursday, April 9, 2009

2:100, #404: GORT the One Point Calvinist

Last night we watched the 2008 version of "The Day The Earth Stood Still." I enjoyed it, actually. One thing I noticed, GORT the robot...a much better and scarier version than the 1951 guy, I thought...must be a One Point Calvinist. The Line is drawn...VENGEANCE IS MINE, I WILL REPAY IF YOU GET VIOLENT TOWARD KLAATU!! His One Point would be that the entire human race is totally depraved...the first part of the 5-point T.U.L.I.P.!

Kinda reminded me of the unrelenting power of The Living and True God when He draws The Line with His own instructions to His kids...VENGEANCE IS MINE, I WILL REPAY!! And the repayment plan for the bad guys..."there are none righteous, no not one"... is a lake of fire forever heated up for those who don't make Jesus The Way to the Father.

Well, needless to say without spoiling the ending, earth is NOT consumed, and Klaatu gets a chance to come back as another actor in some third-in-the-series deal. With Easter just three days away, let's hear if for the new German phrase I picked up from a missionary email from Berlin:

Der Herr ist Auferstanden!! Yep, The Lord is Risen!!
How Can I Keep From Singing?!!

No comments: