Thursday, April 30, 2009

2:113, #417: Divine Suicide

This morning, over a bowl of cranberry instant oatmeal with honey and a perfectly brewed 16oz mug of Brew of Bravery Boca Java coffee, I read John 10. Look at the language Jesus uses here and you'll understand the title of this post:

John 10:17-18 "For this reason the Father loves Me, because I lay down My life that I may take it again. No one has taken it away from Me, but I lay it down on My own initiative. I have authority to lay it down, and I have authority to take it up again. This commandment I received from My Father." [italics are mine for emphasis, as if you didn't already figger that one out.]

The Romans driving in the nails were, so to speak, the Jack Kevorkians of their day, lending a hand in assisted suicide. Wonder which ones of them came to faith, as did the one thief on the cross? It aint no wonder I'm glad for the Resurrection!!
Got sin covering?

No comments: