Tuesday, December 15, 2009

2:192, #496: Biblical Numerology [3:2]

OK, OK...don't get beside yourself with the near-occult title. God's in the business of using oddities to get His jobs done...look in the mirror, for instance...so I wondered this morning, since it's 12/15/09, what the 12:15 verses of the Gospels were. Oh, for those of you who are not familiar with my spiritual beginnings, I wondered back in 1980 after conversion, if John 3:16 was 'the greatest verse in the Bible,' what the other 3:16s were like. It turns out there's a crash course in systematic theology contained in them; which I apparently have not mentioned in these indulgences...ooo, can I say that without a lightning bolt from God prompted by Martin Luther coming at me?!!;P...
In any event, John 12:15 says, "Fear not, daughter of Zion; behold, your King is coming, seated on a donkey's colt." Now THAT should have been a bill board outside Bethlehem while Joe and Mary were taking their journey thanks to the census taker's mandates! Of course, most folks would have looked at it, considered the regularity with which donkey's were used, and passed it off as someone with more shekels to spend than sense to know how to spend them.
FYI, back in Indulgence 2:17, #321: "Easy As 1:23" I mentioned the 3:16s to introduce what the 1:23 verses of the New Testament tell us. Interesting stuff, if I do say so myself...and of course you know that I WILL! :P
Got donkey fazoo?

No comments: