Friday, February 15, 2008

#68: Metaphysical Heartburn

Well, I told you I'd Google "warm the cockles of my heart." I'm convinced that ignorance can be bliss and that, as Ecclesiastes writes, "with much wisdom comes much pain." This time I got shifted to a World Wide Words site [http://www.worldwidewords.org/qa/qa-coc2.htm] that told me in five paragraphs about heart valve shape, mollusks, and MEDIEVAL Latin...three of my favorite subjects, as I'm sure they are yours. Since I've already cited the source, you can go look it up and be enlightened.
I'm thinking of eating some kimchee, wasabi peas, and washing them down with a Sam Adams (or maybe a Yuengling of Pennsylvania) so I can enflame the lining of my stomach and other places while warming the cockles of my heart...like watching a Chick Flick that gives me some metaphysical heartburn.
Got Google Fever?

No comments: