Friday, February 22, 2008

#73: Brain Fried Snow Jockey

Got up at 4am this morning in answer to my biological alarm clock that was set when I heard we were supposed to get 3-6" of snow in this supposedly ever-warming part of the planet. Well, when I made a swipe on top of my car, the snow was exactly one hand's-breadth deep...that would be 4" to you cubit-challenged lot of folks. Oh, if you're 5'10" tall, a cubit REALLY is 18" from middle finger tip to elbow...a fact I'm sure y'all are just absolutely BLESSED to know!
Anyway, 5:30am was the official plow jockey startup and it was a lovely bit of motoring on campus to make things manageable. I also managed NOT to run into anything this time around for a pleasant change, even though I missed one light pole by a not so thick hair's breadth.
Oh, yeah, and since snow is water, I managed to live up to being made in the image of God by walking on it!
Got redneck miracle?

No comments: