Tuesday, February 19, 2008

#69: Flashback to the Present

Well, I graduated high school in 1969, so it's appropriate that Post #69 should have to do with things from the past. I was just pulling into the gas station a bit ago and actually heard a young Obama supporter say, "If you're not part of the solution, you're part of the problem." Either the phrase has returned from it's overuse in the 60's or it never left the political scene and I've just mastered ignoring it for all these decades. Either way, I'm glad to see that those who want to grunt and groan to get things their own way in this fallen planet are trying to overcome the basic analysis of mankind I have at the top of my blog: When All Is Said And Done, More Is Said Than Done.
Of course, while the young interviewee was being interviewed, I guess more was getting said than done, so apparently I was right on this one, too.
Then there was another Type-A saying going around back in the supposedly good old days: "Lead, Follow, or Get Out of the Way!" Lead where? Follow whom? Obi Wan Kenobi was pretty smart when he asked, "Who is the bigger fool...the fool or the fool who follows the fool?" I guess since I've already occupied a few minutes of your life with this self indulgent post, I'll just get out of the way.
Got better things to do?

No comments: