Saturday, May 9, 2009

2:119, #423: Eternal Optimism

No, I'm not talking about the Great Hope we have in Christ or about my seat at the Marriage Feast of the Lamb or even the fact that I think the glass is half full and you might as well take a swig!! ;p Today it's playing the radio in my truck while heading out for some distilled water. Every time I turn the FM radio on I'm hoping against hope that I'm not going to get the incessant babble of DJs enamored with their own voices or music that just plain SUCKS! ;p I'd say most of the time my low expectations are more than adequately met.

Today, however, I just kept rolling the dial a bit and was happily surprised to get an OLD song, "Boom Chicka Boom Boom Boom," then there was some stuff that I can only describe as N'Awleans Jesus jive, and then Donna Summer's "Hot Stuff;" which, by the way sounds really good on my Elfson-beefed-up computer speakers with subwoofer!! Since I ALWAYS wax theological in my musical moments, I'm crankin' George Thorogood's take on Total Depravity, "Bad To The Bone."

So why do you need to know this? Because, being the Barnabus-like-encourager that I am, I want you to persevere in rolling your own radio dial...both physically in your car and/or truck with or without gun racks as well as metaphysically...round these here parts, we call that the Perseverance of the Saints; which, of course, has me playing Creedence Clearwater Revival's "Long As I Can See the Light"...Of The World, I would say! ;)

No comments: