Wednesday, May 13, 2009

2:121, #425: House Resolution 397

It just so happens that Gimli's look sorta-alike strolled past my office as I started to read this here piece of action by some of our Congressmen and he suggested I post the link on this site. This is an argument for why the first week of May should be declared "America's Spiritual Heritage Week" in the eyes of the proposers. [http://www.opencongress.org/bill/111-hr397/text]

I also happen to be wearing my "Browncoats...I aim to misbehave" tee shirt commemorating the Firefly series and movie "Serenity" so I'm about to kill you with my brain if you're not ready for this.

This Resolution gives an interesting look at the religiosity of the fuzzy wuzzies, as Malcolm Reynolds of "Firefly" might say, as well as the influential Christians of our nation's history. Frankly, if we're going to spend a week lauding our Spiritual Heritage, I think there should be a clear-cut emphasis on the Canaanite-like behavior patterns of the First Peoples of our land that were so readily adopted by the Second, Third, and Fourth Peoples when they came looking for prosperity and occasionally brought Jesus with them. Sure, we have some Judeo-Christian heritage that the minority rulers managed to get the populace to adopt and adapt over the last 400 years, but it would appear the rise of "those who call evil 'good' and good 'evil'" is the natural eventual reaction to kowtowing to something that goes against their nature.

But look at the bright side...pun intended...the darker the surroundings are, the brighter the Light of Truth will shine! Even if it's half-moon shaped on the door!
Got basket to hide under?

No comments: