Sunday, May 24, 2009

2:126, #430: X-men Theology

A few minutes ago I gave a brief Facebook Status idea based on my 4am epiphany about "X-men," "X-2," and the linguistics of X-mas. I have more thoughts:

The basic premise is that, if we shorten "Christmas" to "Xmas" we can shorten "Christians" to "Xians" or "Xns" as I do in my prayer journals...the Lord hasn't struck me dead with the short-hand, so I guess I'm ok. Now, given those two givens, we can shorten Jesus' stature as the Christ/Man to X-Man, the head of the X-men, "men" being like the original Greek "anthropos" meaning "man/mankind" vs. "andros" meaning "man/male" which excludes...should that be X-cludes?...our beloved sistren in the Lord and narrows down just about whom the text speaks.

Clearly, based on Galatians 3:28, in Christ...hmmm, that would be "X" in our syllogistic shorthand... there is neither male nor female but we are one in Him, so the X-men are ALL us spiritual mutants who have been Born Again and become a new creation (2 Cor. 5:17), gifted with supernatural powers listed in Romans 12: 6-8 and elsewhere that are not available to the Aints (vs. us Saints) of this world. HOWEVER...we are not at war with the Aints (even though they seem to think they're at war with us) as Ephesians 6:10-20 says, but with the unseen forces that our Enemy, the Devil, has at his disposal. Hmmmm...a disposal is where the garbage goes to get chopped up and flushed down the drain...I see a spiritual parallel in these linguistics, methinks!...and I guess ends up in the lake of fire mentioned in Revelation in the really real universe.

Well, all that being said, "X" was always the unknown factor that needed to be discovered in first year algebra in order to solve the equation. The logical...at least in MY Marvelling Universe... conclusion is that "X" is the unknown to the world (cf. John 1:5) and needs to be declared to the Aints so that they, too, can become mutants like we sheepies are!!
Oh, and the "X" of the flag of Scotland was a public domain image, whereas a great pic of St. Andrew's Cross or the X-men are not, and I'm of Scots descent, so it works for an illustration in my little world...
I guess our robes of white we be the equivalent to the X-men uniforms?

No comments: