Tuesday, January 15, 2008

#39: Read The Instructions!

Sorry, all you guys reading this...I realize I've broken one of the primary rules of maleness by making this outrageous statement, but somebody has to say it. (I'm also of the belief that stopping to ask directions when you're lost is ok, but I ride with a guy with the uncanny ability to get around to places he hasn't visited in years, so I just enjoy the scenery without having to prove anything.)
What prompted this post was my putting together one of those Swedish designed lateral file cabinets that requires you to use instructions without words. (Sheesh, at least the plastic models of my youth TOLD you what to do with each step!) I successfully dodged the slings and arrows of outrageous Monday fortune, got the thing built, and went to lunch...an almost perfect morning.
Now, my point: You need to read your instructions from God, it's that simple...from Genesis to Revelation...on a regular basis, or you're trying to build your life in the dark (metaphysically and probably physically, too) and when you get to the end of it, you'll have parts left over that were essential to your proper construction into the image of the Lord. Granted, you'll still be ushered to your seat at the Marriage Feast of the Lamb, but you'll miss out on some incredible truths in the meantime...like why God can't 'Bless America' based on Leviticus 17-28.
Got time to look it up?

No comments: