Wednesday, January 30, 2008

#53: Ironic Import

This morning when I took off my ball cap to scratch my increasingly less-hairy old bean, I noticed the label inside. Now, the hat is khaki colored with a "W 2004" emblem on it, meaning it was a visual support of the re-election of President George W. Bush. The irony of the whole label is that it says: "CAMP DAVID Finest Clothing, Made in China."
Is there a manufacturer of those really cool looking Chinese army caps somewhere in Maryland that sews in labels that say, "FORBIDDEN PALACE Finest Clothing, Made in U.S.A.?!!" I'm betting NOT.

Well, you Christians out there have been praying "Thy Kingdom Come" for years, so I figure the One World Government is your fault when it finally gets here, given its inevitability according to the Bible, so don't worry if the dollar is devaluating against the Euro, it's all part of the Divine Plan. You just have to learn to suck it up and adjust, the way Israel did when Jeremiah told them to take a hike to Babylon or die.

I wonder if Jeremiah is the inventor of the music we call The Blues?

No comments: