Sunday, February 8, 2009

2:51, #355: Saintly Sweeties

Back on August 3, 1988 I started praying Matthew 6:33, 34 for all Christian Singles; that, for those who needed partners, as they seek first the Lord's Kingdom, the Lord would match 'em up by twos...sorta like the Ark Experience, now that I think about it. I keep up the practice, so I get to observe what's cookin' in the Kingdom on the romance range every so often, to use a kitchen-metaphor. (Food seems to be a major part of my world-life view...much like the bear in "Over the Hedge.")

Considering this is Hallmark Match-up Month with Valentine's Day approaching in a week and that the Grey Haveners walked into a plethora of gaudy heart stuff yesterday on an outing to A.C. Moore...complete with a "YUCK!" issuing from somewhere near me that sounded almost angelic in tone...I was thinking about Love Stuff and Saintly Sweeties (thank you, Kaylee of "Firefly") early this morning before dawn...guess you could say things dawned on me! ;p

In twenty-three years of observing the lads and lassies here at Camp Cornelius, I've seen Sweetie Match-ups occur in the Lord's providence and have had the joy of jotting down double answers as they finally get around to deciding they're the Lord's choices for each other. Why, I even put up a homemade sign back in the day of the 80s for one couple who had a spot by the pines as "their" spot. (I was just loaning it to them for a time since it reverted back to part of my domain when they graduated...that way it's available to others.) So what's my point? Do I need one? This is self-indulgent, remember? I guess I'm just waxing sentimental, looking forward to seeing how the Lord match makes as time goes along.
Is that a Fiddler I hear On My Roof playing "Match Maker, Match Maker?"

Oh, Yeah...for all you Already Matched Up Sweeties: Romans 12 is my request for y'all, so get at it and start working it out into all the Doubting Thomas's English Muffin nooks and crannies of your lives!!

No comments: